Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 6 Twitter Summary


So, summarizing what I see on Twitter is far less entertaining now that Holly is gone (R.I.P., Holly).  But, I do enjoy putting pieces of the puzzle together based on what they post, so here’s what I’ve gleaned from Twitter over the past week or so. Guess we’ll find out tonight if I’m right.
  • ABC’s vote tallying system is as messed up as everything else about this show.  I guarantee that most people voted for either Gene/Joy to go on the date or Kevin/Erica.  However, there were probably a few people who voted for Kevin/Andrea (which would be funny), Kevin/Mike (because they inexplicably enjoy the bromance), or Gene/Stephanie (to make Joy jealous).  That means that Kevin and Gene would have ended up with the most votes.  So, instead of picking the couple with the most votes, which makes sense and would have been entertaining, they pick the two people with the most votes, which is stupid.  That also confirms what I suspected about why we’re getting some really stupid pairings in the friends/enemies room (or, we were in the beginning).
  • Jeffrey volunteered for limbo because he thinks he can beat Mike, and he wants Andrea to be Team Captain next week.  I suspect that he’s wrong about how large her fan base is, but I hope I’m mistaken.
  • Joy and Erica had a big fight, probably related to Erica’s bizarre obsession with Kevin.  It didn’t appear to be affecting their alliance on the live feeds, but I’m expecting some fireworks when the episode airs.
  • Gene is convinced that he has a huge following and the fans love him. The evidence suggests that he is right.
  • They all had to dress as hipsters.  I don’t recall seeing a vote on this, but whatever.  I can’t imagine that it’s entertaining.  Stephanie thought hipster Kevin was hot, though, so that’s entertaining, as it appeared to bother Erica.
  • Erica quit smoking during week 6 on The Glass House.  Sounds like supremely bad timing to me.  I’m forced to wonder if she did it because Kevin wouldn’t kiss someone with smoker’s breath.
  • Kevin is bitching that he can’t Tweet because other people are in the booth all the time.  Maybe that’s because he’s stupid enough to plot right outside where the person in the booth can hear him?  Just a guess.  Anyway, Kevin is desperate to bring Mike back.
  • Speaking of stupid, Mike and Kevin had a long discussion on how to double-cross Gene while he was sitting in the Twitter booth, tweeting everything they said.  Oops!
  • ABC still hasn’t found a high school student who is willing to work for minimum wage, because they’re still sending out tweets from one player which was supposed to come from someone else.
  • No one wants to be voted out at this point.  Lots of tweets asking for votes and support.
  • Erica is ecstatic that she has fans.
  • Everyone in the Glass House drinks too much (except Andrea, of course).
  • Stephanie knows that Kevin, Andrea, and Mike have been actively plotting against her.
  • What the hell is The Cove?
  • Food fights?  They’re still really bored in there.
  • Nothing else remotely interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I imagine it would be so boring in that house. They have to find some way to entertain themselves, so why not fight with each other. I missed the episode last night, but I was able to watch it on my PrimeTime Anytime this morning on my receiver, the Hopper. With this receiver, I can enable AutoHop and it will skip over the commercials for me. This gave me about 20 minutes to spare before heading to work at Dish. This week’s episode was entertaining to say the least. I think it is funny how obsessed Erica is with Kevin, and you can tell he could care less about her. I hope that Mike is the next one voted out, but we will have to wait until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your ad plugging Dish Network... I mean your comments. I, personally, would never pay for a television services that doesn't carry AMC, but I appreciate that you stopped by.

    P.S. This blog entry is talking about Twitter feeds, which are not aired on television and cannot be fast forwarded. So, you can't watch them on Dish. Have a great day at work!

    ReplyDelete